Read Time:3 Minute, 11 Second
EN5ider has a dozen truly engaging enchanted trinkets today, each tied to a spirit eager to complete a quest unfinished in life—and prepared to reward those who help them.
Free Articles including a complete adventure, a sidequest adventure, something very silly, and the smart-fighting savant character class!
Join EN5ider for Immediate Archival Access: Pay as little as $3 each month to become a member and get instant access to the library of 400+ articles at no extra charge!
Lately on EN5ider:
- 406. Enchanted Trinkets: Haunted Keepsakes. An object is often what bars the way when a living creature dies but is denied its eternal rest. These 12 enchanted trinkets represent some unfinished business the creature had in life, such as a work of art left incomplete or an arrow that never found its mark. When a new owner acquires the keepsake, the spirit that haunts the item urges them to complete the task it left unfinished. Should the owner do so, they may receive a supernatural boon as a reward for helping the spirit find peace. Dreadfully designed by William Fischer, illustrated by Gui Sommer.
- 405. Mini-Adventure: Lucky Copper Inn. The day of adventuring has been long and arduous, but the party have proven victorious and enjoy a night of reverie in the Lucky Copper Inn. Following a good night’s rest they set out again, this time upon a new quest, making it within 10 miles of the next town and bedding down in the wilderness to prepare for another trek tomorrow—only to awaken at the Lucky Copper Inn. No matter where they go every morning their surroundings are the same no matter where they sleep! This supplemental adventure for 4–5 PCs of 5th–9th level was dreamily designed by Andrew Engelbrite, illustrated by Indi Martin, and features the cartography of Dyson Logos.
- 404. Villain Spotlight: Illusive Fool. Fascinated with a traveling illusionist in his youth, after mastering rudimentary lessons Adrano pursued magic with a fervor and perseverance that made him an excellent student at the Illusionist Guild—until he came upon the books. These tomes quickly became the prodigy’s new obsession, driving him to abandon his studies and abscond with the curious volumes. Since then Adrano has continued to read through the strange books, gradually drawing a massive ritual across the countryside that when completed will bring their unholy author into the Material Plane to spread chaos, death, and ruin! Deviously designed by Joseph Colman, illustrated by Ellis Goodson.
- 403. To Smite A Fiend: Part Two. The experiments of the reclusive mage Kalle Sirkesalo have started to bleed out of his tower, making fiends appear throughout Holdenshire to briefly terrorize the populace and spread fear throughout the countryside. Several townsfolk seek out the party’s help, ultimately leading them to the anomalous Murray’s Folly. As they investigate however tragedy strikes—a powerful creature invades Hengistbury Keep. Soon after when the PCs go to confront the reckless wizard they are met by a curious messenger from elsewhere, revealing that something much more terrible is afoot than a few stray demons and devils. This PDF contains Act 1 (for 4 PCs of 10th level) and continues the thread from To Smite A Fiend: Part One, including fiendish dire boars (CR 3), imp flocks (CR 5), and a seraph (CR 12).
- 402. Intriguing Organizations: Mephit Network. Bring an elemental flair to the next metropolis the adventurers visit with mephit networks! Within this article are a quartet of mephit variants and the new spark mephit (CR 1/2), all with their own unique tasks and roles to play in city life. Doing some investigating at the graveyard? Call upon the grave mephits! Trying to trade local secrets? Bend the ear of a soot mephit or two. Disquiet designs by William Fischer, illustrated by Junior’s Digital Designs.