Cubicle 7 renewed their Doctor Who license with the BBC back in April. They’ve been publishing the game since 2008. The 2nd Edition core rulebook is fully compatible with the first edition, but Cubicle 7 says it’s faster, easier, and quicker to learn. Here’s a quick look at what to expect:
- Complete character creation rules to allow you to bring to life a new time travelling adventurer to explore space and time aboard the TARDIS. They could be companions to the Doctor, or a new Time Lord of your own creation, Time Agents, or investigators and defenders of planet Earth.
- The complete revised rules for playing Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game. The new and updated version of the popular Vortex system is completely compatible with the First Edition of the game. Second Edition makes gameplay faster, easier, and quicker to learn, while keeping all of the dramatic action you’d expect from an episode of Doctor Who.
- Advice for Gamemasters, new and old, on how to make the experience of Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game feel like you’re living an episode of the TV series, as well as how to create exciting storylines and continuing campaigns.
- Revised rules for creating your group’s own TARDIS, or other time travel device to allow them to adventure from the dawn of history to the very ends of the Universe.
- An expansive look at the history of the Universe, detailing many of the aliens and creatures the Doctor has encountered across space and time.
- Pregenerated character sheets for the Doctor and her companions, ready to play straight away!